Six Top Spring Culinary Events Foodies in Fort Worth Must Attend
CultureMap Fort Worth (January 18, 2018) – Festival and fundraiser season is nearly upon us, and some of Fort Worth’s best feature top culinary talent. Mark your calendars now for tasty events that range from a lunchtime soup-sipping party to a four-day smorgasbord. Even more appetizing, many benefit a great cause.
Fort Worth Food + Wine Festival, April 5-8
The fifth annual smorgasbord has become the most delicious weekend in town. Proceeds go toward raising funds for local grant programs and culinary scholarships, and festival VIP passes are available. Here’s a look at this year’s events:
- It all begins Thursday, April 5 with Tacos + Tequila ($50). New to the festival, it will take place at Brik Venue and feature eight chefs and eight beverage vendors.
- The Main Event ($125) on Friday, April 6 at the Pier 1 Imports Building is perhaps the most indulgent, featuring more than 100 wines, craft beers, and spirits along with hefty bites from dozens of the best chefs in North Texas.
- Then it’s on to Desserts After Dark ($60) at Whiskey Ranch the night of April 6, where 12 pastry chefs and 12 mixologists will share their sweet somethings using Firestone & Robertson’s TX Whiskey.
- Cure any hangover with brunch-time favorites at Rise + Dine ($65) on Saturday, April 7, back at the Pier 1 Imports Building.
- The party continues at Burgers, Blues + Blues at the Heart of the Ranch at Clearfork that evening, when 13 chefs will partake in a burger battle under the stars featuring craft beer from all over Texas.
- Break out the stretchy pants for Sunday’s grand finale — the new Pitmasters Picnic ($65) at the Heart of the Ranch at Clearfork, where 18 Texas barbecue gurus will share their smoked best to be paired with Texas beers, wines, and spirits.